Liverpool Lovin'

A little while ago my mother and I went on a road trip to Liverpool…a six hour road trip but those six hours were 100% worth it. I have fallen in love with Liverpool and did not want to leave when it came to it on the Sunday afternoon. However, I do plan on returning on a mini break with Mr C and visiting with my mother again.When we  visited the weather was incredibly sunny but with a subtle breeze to keep you nice and cool! So here I have the outfit I wore on my last day there and some cool places we found whilst we explored.



The Fab Four



The look from head to toe:



Cilla!



















The Dress:
This dress was given to me for my birthday so I have no idea on price; I do know that this is a vintage number. I rarely wear strappy tops or dresses because I feel they make me look quite boxy however this dress is the exception because the straps are short and close to my neck which makes it look almost like a halter neck. The actual cut of dress is a bodycon at the top with inserted panels at the side which creates a skater skirt style bottom, I like this merger of shapes because the top feels very modern but the skirt feels very girly and feminine. The print itself is gorgeous with mustard yellow and navy as the base colours and then a 60’s style floral print in tomato red and white, I felt very at home in my 60’s floral print in Matthew Street. Overall this dress is uber comfy, cute and all round perfect.

Cardigan: Primark £2 in the sale
I’ve shown this cardigan to you before in a previous post but that cardigan was a dark blue and this clearly sliver. These cardigans are the definition of cheap and cheerful, they were an absolute bargain and add a touch of sparkle to any outfit.


John? Oh yeah we're close friends...


Socks: Primark £3 (these were in a multipack so technically £1 for the pair)
These are just simple trainer style socks with a lace frill at the top. The beautiful thing about these socks is they match the shade of yellow on my dress exactly which creates a lovely accent to the outfit.

Shoes: Bought for me
These are my good old black sandals that I am sure I have shown you before. People say everyone woman needs a little black dress; I say every woman needs a pair of simple black shoes.

Liverbirds...at a great distance...


Finally… These are my new glasses! Freshly tinted and looking fabulous if I do say so myself… don’t forget everything is coming up roses!



NV x


Hopefully I'll have one here one day...

Comments

Popular Posts