Another year older

Last weekend was my birthday weekend. I don't normally like to elongate my birthday because after all it's meant to be just one day however I had a mini celebration a few days before. I am a June baby which means I'm either graced with a heatwave or rainforest style storms...This year I got the heatwave...to a degree. 

Escaping that fake polaroid 


I'm going to give you flash of my outfits of those two days, I didn't wear my glasses because even though they are tinted they do not work as sunglasses, the sun actually fades  them...so please enjoy these summer outfits:

My birthday look from head to toe:



Dress: Zara kids £19.99
Yes you read that correctly, Zara kids, I am wearing a dress from the children's department and it fits like a glove. I am wearing the largest size but still it's just another place to buy clothes and it's still very Zara but with a slightly smaller price tag. The fabric is a thin, soft denim material and it has a slight give in it which makes the dress comfy and breathable. Something that I think is super cute and unique is the asymmetric flounced skirt, I think it's subtle and cheeky it just adds a little pizzazz in my opinion. I think the main fashion 'trend' on this dress is the cold shoulder, now I have very mixed opinions on the cold shoulder because having your shoulders cold is in the name and I often think it is not effectively done... however the sleeves are incredibly flirty and bouncy, it's like my upper arm is wearing a wrap around skirt done up with cute little bows. Overall this is a cute flirty little number that is perfect for summer days or even summer nights.

Shoes: Topshop £10
I bought these platform beauties during the sale, they are a simple faux suede material with a black platform sole and heel. What I find interesting is the sling back buckle element to the shoe, it makes a very wintery style shoe flexible to be used in the summer. I love these shoes as they add just a little excitement to the end of the outfit.




Necklace: Tatty Devine £15
I love Tatty jewellery it's fun, unique and good quality, I feel as if it's the mothership for acrylic jewellery. This little beauty is just a simple blue anchor, it's my first purchase from an actual Tatty Devine store in Covent Garden, I bought it on mine and Mr C' s little adventure in London so it has a special place in my heart.


Garden party realness from head to toe:

Classic photobombing and fish hat...

Dress: Zara £22.99
This is possibly one of the best dresses I have bought for the summer! It ticks so many boxes, first of all it is made from gingham fabric instead of the pattern being just printed onto something, it is also yellow so it makes me feel like a ray of sunshine...and I know that's grim but it's true. Also it's a peasant style shift dress, meaning the top is very flat and plan with a rounded neckline, the shape itself does not hug the body but the skirt of the dress is made from slightly gathered tiers. The sleeves are also great because the cover the shoulder but are still airy and has a mini ruffle to match the skirt of the dress. I loved wearing this as it made me feel happy, summery and in my element during my garden tea party.



Necklace: Tatty Devine £10
Another Tatty necklace but this time bought in the sale. The eyes are a classic Tatty look and are very recognizable as a piece of their jewellery. I wear the eyes quite  lot due to their monochrome look because they just work with everything and add a pop of excitement to an outfit.

Sunflower crown: Primark £3
I'm not a huge fan of the flower the crown, I think they are cute and lovely but I find them difficult to store and then the flowers end up looking dead... however the flowers on this are incredibly sturdy and fun!


Good old Mr C...
I hope you have enjoyed that little glimpse into my birthday and don't forget... everything's coming up roses!

NV x

Also thanks to my photogenic friends

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts