National Tea Day

A few weeks ago we had possibly the most important holiday in my life ‘National Tea Day’. I just couldn’t let such an important day pass without reflecting on my sheer love of a brew.

As most of my close pals know I haven’t always been a lover of tea, I used to drink it as a present for my sister on her birthday other than that I would avoid it like the plague. One day though I had a some at a uni interview, I had it cos I was nervous and it was for free. As I was drinking it something must have changed within me because I found myself upset when I’d finished it, I found myself wanting to have another one and another and another.

That’s where the love affair began. It’s almost more romantic than Notting Hill (key word was almost because there is no love as pure as Will and Anna)

One thing we have to make clear when talking about tea is that there is no better brand of tea than Yorkshire. End of discussion. It’s the best. I drink decaf every day because I’m a delicate flower who just can’t cope with the caffeine buzz, last time I had too much caffeine I had to lie down and then walk into town to shake it off. If however, it’s a special occasion or I’m treating myself with a rom-com and facemask I’ll have a Yorkshire Gold and what a treat it is. The word gold is so apt because it’s a golden brew of the best taste ever, if you haven’t tried it you’re missing out on the best drink of your life and I feel sorry for you.

The elixir of life
I’ve also realised that tea is possibly the most romantic, cute and meaningful drink ever. Having a brew to yourself after a long hard day is a beautiful way to inject some self-love into your life. Making a round of tea for your friends is such an easy way to show you care, because you’re taking the time to make like 7 different cups of tea of different strengths, sugars and at times type of milk. Coming home from uni and my Dad making me some tea is his subtle way of showing me he’s actually missed me. Someone I quite like said to me I make a good cup of tea and I’ve decided that whether or not it was meant to be romantic and flirty it’s definitely the most romantic and flirty thing anyone has ever said to me. Ever. In my opinion tea holds so many different meanings and every brew is something special.

This just cracked me up so I included it!


I celebrated national tea with a brew on Crosby Beach, it was perfect.



I really don’t have much else to say about tea. It’s my favourite drink. I hope you’ve all enjoyed reading about my love affair with tea. Don’t forget everything is coming up roses!

NV xx

Comments

Popular Posts