A Spring Warmer

Long-time no see eh? It seems as if I’ve left this little beauty of a blog in the dark for the past few months however I’m back now and ready to give my all for this hobby of mine. Since I lasted posted way back in November we’ve had Christmas, New Year and the Beast from the East and despite Easter being only a week away I’ve never been colder! So here is an outfit I’m going to call my Spring Warmer!

The look from head to toe:


Bare stools and filament bulbs, how artsy...





Jumper: Levis (This was bought for me for Christmas, so who knows the price!)
I will be the first to admit I am not a brand gal and if I do wear brands I never wear an item of clothing with the logo so clearly printed across it. However, I feel as if this little baby blue number is warming my anti-brand heart, it’s somewhat of a classic item in my wardrobe. The round neck is perfect for teaming with blouses or shirts which is an iconic partnership in my outfits. The colour of this jumper is perfect for the spring time with white logo contrasting with soft, pale yet warming tone of blue. The jumper itself is incredibly soft inside and fits like a glove with a little bit of wiggle room (I like to think of wiggle room as enough room to eat a curry in). Overall this jumper and I have forged somewhat of a love affair and I just know that if the spring continues to be this cold I’ll be wearing this number a lot more.


Shirt: H&M once again bought as a present but I know it was £3!
In my last post I wrote about a simple sheer black shirt I’d had for years. Well this shirt is H&M’s version; the collar has a slightly rounder neck and is sleeveless. I do feel it says something that I now have 2 black shirts because I’m wearing them to death!


Trousers: Topshop £15 down from £45
As we all know tartan and check patterned anything is hot stuff right now, so I just had to buy into this phase. I decided I would go for the classic tapered trouser, which surprised me because check trousers always remind me of old ladies for some reason. Despite the old lay connotations there isn’t a thing I dislike about these trousers, they are true beauties. To start with the colours used are mostly neutral brown tones making them very versatile however running through the design is a line of teal which I think creates a bit of depth to the trousers and makes them wearable with almost anything. The cropped length is also really cute, it makes the trousers less dowdy and more flirty, it also means on a cold day you can pair the trousers with funky fishnet tights that pop out the bottom. But what really sold these trousers to me was the waistband, it has across over fastening around the waist and little buckles at the sides which accentuate the smallest part of the waist creating a really lovely shape. So all in all these trousers were bought for a fashion phase but are now my best friends!


Bandana: Primark £1 
The hairband I’m wearing is simply a bit of fabric with a piece of wire running through it to give bandana a bit of body when using it. I would normally tie this around my hair with a bow to create a Snow White style look but I thought I’d mix it up today. Despite being told I look like a pirate I think it was a cute new way of using a basic hair accessory.



The rest of my outfit is made up from staple items: Doc Martens, black fluffy socks, tights and silver hoop earrings.


I hope you enjoyed my very belated first post of 2018 and don’t forget everything is coming up roses.

NV xx

Hmm is someone in my photo?


Comments

Popular Posts