Oh Romeho

Today was a bit of a bog standard day, not much happened except a little gaunt into town and then a little Star Wars marathon. To me it doesn’t matter if I’m going out for a day trip or a quick stop in town, I want to look good because then I feel good and why wouldn’t I want that? So today is simply a feel good outfit.

The look from head to toe:








Jumper: Missguided £14 (I believe that is with student discount)
A little car journey away from me is a lovely shopping centre where a Missguided has recently opened. I won’t lie prior to actually visiting a store I was a bit anti the brand, I wasn’t keen on the clothes online, I didn’t know the quality of the fabric for the price I was paying but I also guess I just thought I wasn’t cool enough to even browse their website. However, on a bit of a whim I went into my nearest store…I liked it. I really did, it was fun, bright and a little bit off the wall all of which really appeal to me. The real reason I walked in however was because I saw something pink and we all know I love pink, as I got closer I noticed it was a semi-crop jumper and fell a little more in love with it, however as I picked it off the rack embroidered on it was ‘Romeo, Romeo, Wherefore art thou.’ I was in love. Being a huge Shakespeare fan I nearly cried at seeing this jumper in a high street store let alone one that I thought was out of my league. The jumper itself is incredibly soft and really good quality, I would say it looks best with a shirt or something with a collar underneath it just to give some depth and texture around the neck. The sleeves also have a really nice ruched effect making them puffy but with a little drape. If you haven’t gathered already I love this jumper.





Skirt: H&M £12.99 (I think!)
When I bought this skirt I had been looking at it for a while debating whether or not I liked it and finally decided to try it on because I was making my way over to the changing rooms anyway. I am very happy that I came to the decision to try it on because I love it! The fit is incredible, it just slips onto the body and zips like a true dream, with the silver popper at the top of the zip everything stays in place. The shape of the skirt really reminds me of a tennis skort and funnily enough it was being advertised for a Halloween cheerleader so I wasn’t far off.  The skirt is full of lovely box pleats that sewn into the skirt rather than pressed (makes ironing easier and they last longer) the fabric is also thick and textured making the skirt feel expensive. I love the white stripe around the hem it makes the whole skirt pop!

Shirt: Primark £8
I’ve had this shirt years, it’s a wardrobe must have. This sheer black shirt is perfect for layering wearing open in the summer, it works every time. Really there’s not much to say expect I love this shirt!






Scarf: Primark £6
I’ve recently bought a new winters coat because my old one has really pasted it prime and due to this new coat purchase a new scarf was needed! My coat is relatively bright so a muted scarf was needed hence the black and grey tones in the tartan print but as always a touch of pizazz was needed so there had to be a bit of pink in it. I love the scarfs from Primark because they are big and cosy but not cumbersome and overtly blanket like.

Boots: Boohoo £9 (In the sale with discount, original price £35!)
I adore these boots, I had been drooling over them for months but I never bought them because I was skeptical of the quality of boots from Boohoo and the price, as it was a bit much at the time. However when they entered the sale and with an additional 20% off I couldn’t refuse these 60s style beauties! They shape the foot nicely and are a good winter boot height for going out in the evening but also just going out shopping!




Earrings: Lovisa £1.50
Since having my ears pierced I’ve been on the hunt for really cute unique earrings and sadly my local Primark hasn’t had a great selection. However, I recently discovered a new jewellery store that fulfilled my needs perfectly! I love anything fantasy related, I guess that’s because I love the magical and fun nature of unicorns, Pegasus and mermaids. These earrings caught my eyes straight away and I had to buy them, I think they had a whimsical finishing touch to the outfit.



And that is my feel good outfit done and dusted. As the weather starts to get colder and Christmas looms get excited for many jumper related posts coming soon! Don’t forget everything is coming up roses!



NV x  

Comments

Popular Posts