Rainy D-days

As I woke up this morning I saw what at the time seemed like sun flooding through my curtains however it turned out to be another raining spring day... This meant the cute dress and tights I had originally planned for today had to go away for a sunny day and my go to rainy look was coming back out...

The look from head to toe:





Top: Zara £5.99                                                                                                                                    
 Yet another graphic tee...I love the design on this though because it reminds of the fun and happy prints you see in Ikea because the more you look the more you see!

Dungarees: Zara bought for £7.99 original price £30                                                                            You will never catch me skinny jeans. End of. I love the Mom jean, they nip in at waist giving me a great bum but then they loosen at knee but taper back in at the ankle...lush. So after years of looking for comfy dark denim dungarees and suddenly seeing a mom jean cut in Zara I just had to buy them. Now dungarees haven't always been my thing, they somewhat remind me of Meryl Streep in Mamma Mia (I must admit it's a cracking film) but more prominently my sister would always wear a pair, she looked amazing in them and became almost a dungaree goddess. I knew if I got a pair I'd need to look almost as good as her...

Shoes: Dr Martens from Shuh bought for £56 original price £95  Socks: Primark £1                        With a heavily patterned top I thought let's keep the bottom of this outfit nice and chill. A simple navy sock with the smallest bit of sparkle at the top match with my sandal style docs is possibly one of the easiest things to throw on my feet but I am still able to feel cool and trendy.

Necklace: M&S children's  £2.50                                                                                                            Being quite petite in my frame means, that at times I will wander through children's departments sometimes to browse for me and sometimes to look at how cute the clothes are. During one such wander I saw this cute little necklace saying 'hello' to me and I just couldn't resist! The word itself is slightly glittery and super cute; I also think it almost becomes a part of the patterned shirt.



Little bits and bobs: Belt from my dad. Watch: next £15                                                                          Sometimes the finishing touches to an outfit don't get the credit they deserve, I love my watch it's simple and has a big easy face to read. My belt is not really mine at all, originally it was my Dad's but he then gave it to my sister who then gave it to me, I like wearing with all my jeans to finish the waistband off but more so because it's like they are both with me...

That is this rainy days outfit done and dusted! Don't forget everything is coming up roses.


NV x

Comments

Popular Posts