'We are such stuff that dreams are made of'

A few weeks ago I went on a short holiday to somewhere that is fast becoming one of my favourite -places: Stratford-Upon-Avon. It’s also known as the birthplace of Mr William Shakespeare. I am going to show the outfits I wore each day and some pictures of what I did those days just to jazz this up a bit so...

Love me some swans


Day 1: The look from head to toe...


                           
Dress: Primark £13
I'm pro wearing an oversized shirt as a dress but I'm even more pro the actual shirt dress. And this is no exception. I love this! It's an incredibly comfy and versatile dress which was perfect for day 1 of our holiday when we were travelling around the properties a lot. The dress has a Bardot style neckline made from what would have been the collar which I find a really cutesy touch. Spaghetti straps create a beautiful shape around the collarbone alongside the 3/4 length sleeves. This dress is perfect for a sunny summer's day in England. The pattern on this dress is a pretty pastel yellow pinstripe which I just adore!

Choker: £1 Forever 21
This possibly the best choker I've ever bought in the world. Fact. It is a thin gold chain with different pastel coloured stars all around it. It's very cute and just very me!

Disgust in this portrayal of Lady M
Pink denim jacket: £30 H&M
This little number can be seen with virtually all the outfits I wear in this post. This is for two reasons, number 1 I needed a jacket on holiday and number 2 it's just perfection. As we already know pink is my favourite colour, so we can establish that this jacket ticks the colour box. However, it does go one step further, it's subtly cropped at the waist creating a boxy shape. The hem is also distressed and has lots of loose ends making the jacket quite relaxed. This is an easy peasy, throw on, convenient jacket and I believe everyone needs a fun coloured denim jacket!


Day 2: The look from head to toe...



Jumpsuit: £9 Next Children's sale.
I am not ashamed to admit that I had been frequently visiting the children's department just to day dream about this jumpsuit. At the time however it was too expensive and was merely a nice idea however the sale started and it fell straight in my basket! This jumpsuit is made from a very soft jersey making it incredibly comfortable alongside the low slung crotch. As it is clear from the picture, that day we went shopping. This outfit saw me comfortably on the train journey but also while trying on other clothes.

Top: £9.99 H&M 
You cannot see it in the photo however the top has 'Cute AF' written on it just above the neckline of the jumpsuit. The top itself sits just above the hip making it ever so slightly cropped and uber cute and flirty. This top just screams layering to me with a touch of uniqueness.



Day 3: The look from head to toe...


The dress: £13
This another dress that just steps out of my comfort zone with a bardot neckline. I rarely wear anything like this as I tend to feel a little bit exposed. However, with the frill over the bust and long plumbed sleeves the thought of being exposed doesn't cross my mind. The pattern itself I really enjoy. It's a fun summery, floral take on the pinstripe in my mind. Nothing beats a floral summer dress, it reminds of being little and playing in our Wendy house (ours was called the fairy cafe and we did a pretty amazing strawberry soup if you ask me...) Sadly we no longer have the Wendy house but wearing a summer's dress will do me fine!

Yes. He was delicious


Day 4: The look from head to toe...



The Top: £12 Newlook Sale
This whole outfit was actually worn in the evening to the theatre so I wanted a smart casual style as I firmly believe in dressing for the theatre...any excuse to dress up a bit really... Anyway this top is another off the shoulder style item (I think that dress gave me the confidence). The neckline of this top is made by wide section of elasticated gathering which gives a certain ridgity allowing the neckline to stay put around the shoulders. Although you can't see them in this photo the sleeves of this top are very soft and fluttery, falling just above the elbow which I found really flattering. Overall I think this top is one of the few items that I own in which I feel very feminine and I quite like that!

The skirt: £7 Newlook Sale
This is possibly the best skirt I've ever owned, it's so good I own two. Perfection. Firstly the colour is so rich. It's a hot pink but with a bit more guts to it and it's pink so what's not to like eh? Secondly the lines of sewing down the centre front and sides create an amazing shape around the thighs and bum...my bum looks so good in this I can't even lie about... This skirt goes with anything but I paired it with that top because it emphasises the rich pink colour in the floral pattern.


However, more importantly this whole outfit made me feel so confident in myself and that is exactly what clothes should do they should make you feel good and make you want to go out and show off. And that's what all these outfits that I wore on holiday did, they made me feel good.
I hope you enjoyed this holiday post, I certainly did...don’t forget everything is coming up roses.

NV xx

Comments

Popular Posts