Ding Dong the Wimp is Gone

Today was a real milestone in my little life, a small one but still a milestone... I got my ears pierced. 
I know it could have been more exciting but for me this is pretty huge, I am very much a wimp and getting my ears pierced really scared me. I’m a bit (I lie, I’m a huge) needle phobic, I know that ears are done with a gun however in my head I had decided that it was going to another awful needle experience. Evidently I was incredibly wrong... So today I wore a cheeky fun number that would allow my ears to play a central role… I hope you enjoy!

The look from head to toe:





Playsuit: Primark £6
Living by the seaside means even on the hottest of days there is always a slight breeze which means you have to be savvy when wearing flowy dresses and skirts so you can keep your modesty. However, the beauty that is the playsuit exists and this particular one is just gorgeous! It’s made from an incredibly soft jersey which makes it comfy and light to wear but also it has a lovely drape quality, which mirrors that of a dress or skirt. This playsuit also plays slight homage to that of a 80s garment with the subtle batwing sleeve. The 80s really was a time when women took ownership of what they could wear and I just love little nods to fashion statements of the past. Finally the Tropicana style print is beautifully on trend, the colours used are also quite soft which I quite liked because it keeps in theme with the soft style of playsuit. Really this is the two C’s: Comfy and Cute!

Belt: Primark £1.50
This belt combines my favourite things, the colour pink and metallic put them together and you have possibly the world’s most gorgeous belt…in my opinion at least. Anyway I added this simple thin belt to the playsuit just to add a slight focal point and to draw in at the waist to give the playsuit a little more shape. I used the pink so it would highlight the pink tones in the playsuit, but also because I really love this belt.






Tights and socks: Primark both £1.50
Yes, what you can see is true, I am wearing the double fishnet. As I’ve said in the past I prefer the fishnet tight, but then I discovered the fishnet sock, I fell in love with the fishnet sock. So why not layer the two together, the tights I have are very small fishnets, the socks are larger which makes for a lovely contrast. I just think it’s also quite quirky.




Shoes: Primark £12
As you can see I am wearing more metallic because why not? These are really comfy simple silver brogue style shoes with a white sole. I don’t think there is a lot to say about them however they just add some fun to the very end of an outfit.


Look at the earring...damn


Necklace: Tatty Devine Sample Sale £5
My mother and sister went to London for the sample sale and returned with cute little speech bubble! Its small and I just love the fact it clearly shows that I am a dog person (It says 'woof') because it’s just a little bit of fun isn’t it!

Sunglasses: Primark £2
These are quite different for me, I think they have an almost 1940s style to them and of course they are pink which is a real bonus!


That is today’s outfit done and dusted! And don’t forget everything is coming up roses!


NV x



Is that more metallic I see?

Comments

Popular Posts