Thursday Nights

Thursday night is a special night. Thursday night is the best night of the week. It’s my favourite night of the week; in fact Thursday night is date night. Every week myself and Mr C walk into town together get a lovely meal maybe do some shopping or we do something adventurous like… go to the theatre! So ever since date night became a thing my Thursday outfits started becoming some of my favourite outfits of week! Today we took a trip to Pizza Express and then a touch of shopping afterwards and I believe my outfit matched this evening’s activity very well.




The look from head to toe:





Dress: Zara £25.99                                                                                                                                        I rarely buy something expensive because I think: what’s the point of buying one dress when I can buy a whole new outfit for the same price; however Zara knows just how to twist my arm… The monochrome look is classic and classy with a black dress and contrast colour with a matching funky chalkboard pattern but add in some yellow and you’ve given it a new lease of life! Due to the scribbled nature of the pattern I think that no matter where you look on the dress there is a new story to discover, two birds tweeting at each other, even a wanted sign for a lost chair, it’s random yet so well composed. If we look at the dress it is a simple shift style shirt dress, sometimes the most basic of shapes is the most flattering especially because everything is made to hang off a woman’s natural curves to make it clear that she is wearing the dress not the other way round.  


Boots: Primark bought for £6 original price £12    Tights: £1                                                                 Due to the wet and windy weather I opted for the woollen tight option today, I also chose a classic black colour as not to interrupt the flow of the outfit. My little rose golden booties, these beauties are very comfy despite the fact they are heels and they just had a touch of daytime glam to the outfit… 
I remember one time I wore them and a man pointed at them and shouted ‘Golden Boots!’ whenever I look at them now I think of that incident and smile and I think there’s no harm in smiling more often.



Necklace: Tatty Devine, I don’t actually know the price of this necklace because my mother bought it for me for Christmas.                                                                                                                                     I think this necklace matches the dresses scribble pattern because it’s almost like the paper used to scribble on. Also with this necklace the closer you look the better it gets, it has blue indented lines and a pink margin and the piece itself feels like a twisted piece of paper giving the look a level of depth and texture.  Also the simple gold chain helps to highlight the yellow used in the dress.


Well that is this week’s date night over and done with; I had a lovely evening and hope you have too. Don't forget everything is coming up roses.

NV x

Comments

Popular Posts