Lazing on a 'Sunday' afternoon...

Today has been a wonderful day! This morning I had a lovely catch up with an old friend, we met up in local town famed for its history and famous beer shall we say...then Mr C met me for a lovely afternoon date. On our afternoon adventure we went to the boat yard and then we found a lovely little walk out onto the marshes, admittedly we had to walk past the local sewage plant but hey-ho it didn't damped my day at all! What I loved is that today started  out grey and dreary but as good things happened the weather seemed to join in making this afternoon a gorgeous sunny Sunday!

Cute fence we found on today's adventure

Here today's look from head to toe:














Coat: Cancer Research Charity Shop £3 (originally from New Look)
I bought this coat for a production I did recently which was set in the 60s and I loved this coat so much I just had to keep it for myself! As you already know I love the colour which means this coat ticks the colour box, It also has a really cute rounded collar that I just love! The length of the coat just passes the bottom of my dress making it fun and flirty but also it makes it perfect for a spring coat as it is not too heavy and too long.

Dress: Forever 21 £21.99
This dress screams 60s to me! The round zip down the front, the mini skirt length and open style collar, there is no element of this dress I don't adore. I think  my love for this dress comes from the day I bought it: I was browsing and saw the dress on the model, I was then on a mission to find it in store...sadly it was nowhere but then on one rack there was some general denim and there was only one dress left and it was in my size! It was fate, pure fate!

Jumper: Primark bought for £3 original price £8
I tried this jumper on a little while ago and really liked it, the colours, the cut, the neckline all of it was just flattering but at the time it was the choice between this jumper and a dress... I chose the dress... but now this jumper is reduced  to £3 I could not resist! I wore it under my dress because I think it adds a modern twist to the 60s dress, which is something I love doing.





Bag: Primark £8
I love a good old satchel and sadly my usual satchel died after a trip to London...however I didn't grieve for too long, especially after seeing this beauty! Holographic accessories are great already but a pink Holographic bag is just something else! This bag sits beautifully on the shoulder and is almost  a ‘tardis’, I can keep so much stuff in it! This is the ideal light weight summer satchel I've been searching for.

Little bits and bobs:
I'm wearing a classic sandal and matching frilly sock combo today! I've also clipped my hair back with a simple Primark claw grip in a mint green polka dot. Having short hair sometimes limits the quick hairstyles you can do for example the easy ponytail doesn't exist however the half up half down is easy peasy for me to do.




I hope you enjoyed today's outfit, I certainly did. Throughout today I've had a song by one of my favourite bands in my head... Sunny Afternoon by the Kinks...perfection. 
Don't forget everything is coming up roses.


NV x 



Photo credits to Mr C. x 

Comments

Popular Posts